Mental Models For Wall Street: Tools For Top Performance
Make better investment decisions, solve problems and avoid costly trading errors with these essential mental frameworks.
This course is awesome for anyone interested in learning about the biases we have that get in our way of trading or making decisions. I recommend this course.
-- Elliot Schwartz
Welcome to Mental Models For Wall Street.
On this course we are going to investigate a number of mental models and how they can help you win in finance and business. Models like:
- The Availability Bias
- Confirmation Bias
- Misconceptions of Chance
- The Black Swan
- The Law of Small Numbers
- Cognitive Dissonance
- Margin of Safety
- Aversion to Losses
- Feedback Loops
- Supply & Demand
- And lots more...
Understanding and implementing these mental models will transform your investing and trading!
Financial traders, investors and entrepreneurs will benefit most from this course as we delve into topics that will teach you about yourself, improve your judgement skills and protect you from making costly mistakes.
Joe Marwood is an independent trader and investor specialising in financial market analysis and trading systems. He worked as a professional futures trader for a trading firm in London and now works through his own private company.
He started his career as a day trader and worked right through the financial crisis of 2008/2009. He has a passion for building mechanical trading strategies and uses a blend of fundamental and technical analysis to find low-risk investment opportunities.
What am I going to get from this course?
- You will learn how you can make better investment and business decisions, break down complex topics and solve problems.
- You will learn mental tools that you can apply to financial trading and investing.
- For example, by learning about certain psychological biases you will be better equipped to eliminate their negative effects and therefore make better judgements in the markets.
- Concepts such as Circle of Competence, Availability Bias, Margin of Safety and Mr. Market will help you to make better investment moves.
- These mental models will transform the way you trade the markets and give you a whole new understanding of where you were previously going wrong.
- Short, concise videos that will speed up your learning curve. No fluff!
PreviewThe Scientific Method (2:53)
StartQuiz 1: Test your knowledge
PreviewAvailability Bias (3:22)
StartQuiz 2: Test your knowledge
StartMisconceptions Of Chance (2:36)
StartQuiz 3: Test Your Knowledge
StartConfirmation Bias (4:44)
StartQuiz 4: Test Your Knowledge
StartLaw of Small Numbers (2:50)
StartQuiz 5: Test Your Knowledge
StartThe Black Swan (2:29)
StartQuiz 6: Test Your Knowledge
StartHindsight Bias (3:35)
StartQuiz 7: Test Your Knowledge
StartBayes Theorem (3:28)
StartQuiz 8: Test Your Knowledge
StartQuiz 9: Test Your Knowledge
StartRegression To The Mean (5:28)
StartQuiz 10: Test Your Knowledge
Frequently Asked Questions
Excellent course! This course opens your mind about the importance of mental models also have a lot of resources and quizzes to retain more. Thanks.
-- Julian Marcelo