This course is awesome for anyone interested in learning about the biases we have that get in our way of trading or making decisions. I recommend this course.
-- Elliot Schwartz
Welcome to Mental Models For Wall Street.
On this course we are going to investigate a number of mental models and how they can help you win in finance and business. Models like:
- The Availability Bias
- Confirmation Bias
- Misconceptions of Chance
- The Black Swan
- The Law of Small Numbers
- Cognitive Dissonance
- Margin of Safety
- Aversion to Losses
- Feedback Loops
- And lots more...
Understanding and implementing these mental models will transform your investing and trading!
Financial traders, investors and entrepreneurs will benefit most from this course as we delve into topics that will teach you about yourself, improve your judgement skills and insulate you from costly mistakes.
Joe Marwood is an independent trader and investor specialising in stock trading, stock investing and trading systems. He worked as a professional futures trader for a trading firm in London and now works through his own private company.
He started his career trading futures and he worked right through the financial crisis of 2008/2009. He has a passion for building mechanical trading strategies and uses a blend of fundamental and technical analysis to find low-risk investment opportunities.
What am I going to get from this course?
• You will learn how to make better investment and business decisions, break down complex topics and solve problems. You will learn mental tools that you can apply to financial trading and investing.
• For example, by learning about certain psychological biases you will be better equipped to eliminate their negative effects and make better judgements in the markets.
• Concepts such as circle of competence, margin of safety and Mr. Market will help you to make better investment moves.
• The course is designed as a tour of the most important mental models for business and finance. Short, concise videos. No fluff.
• Over 2 hours of HD content, 20 lectures and quizzes
What are the requirements?
• This course is ideally suited to those with an interest in financial trading or investing. However, you do not necessarily need any prior knowledge or experience to take this course.
• You do not need any special equipment or software to take this course. You may like to bring a notepad and pen so you can take notes and to help answer the quizzes!
What is the target audience?
• This course is for anyone interested in learning about mental models and making better decisions. It is ideally suited to those with an interest in financial trading, investing, entrepreneurship or business.
• The course best suits someone with an inquisitive, scientific mind. Someone who loves to learn new things!